Dear JCC Friends,
This has been a time of challenge and change for everyone, and so many members of our local communities have risen to the task with kindness and resilience. Sights that I find heartening on our daily walks: parents bike-riding in a little train with their kids, folks greeting us with a cheerful “hello,” gardeners busy at work on flower and veggie gardens—and just many more people walking at all hours of the day and evening to take advantage of our beautiful surroundings.
Following the guidance from the Oregon Health Authority and the CDC, we have begun the process of re-opening the Jacksonville Community Center, beginning the week of June 21st we will have staff at the Center. Check the website for specific dates and times. We are proceeding slowly in resuming indoor activities due to social distancing measures but will be looking for opportunities to offer classes in a safe environment. Your ideas for that are welcomed.
Thank you for supporting and bearing with us during this time—we know that there will be ups and downs in the days ahead, but are confident that as a community we can meet those challenges and emerge better than ever.
Please be aware of the following requirements when participating in an indoor or outdoor Jacksonville Community Center activity (Policies may change as conditions evolve.):
- All participants will fill out a brief COVID questionnaire each time they participate in an activity. On that questionnaire you will agree that you have not, in the past 14 days, been in contact with anyone that you knew had COVID-19, and neither you nor anyone in your residence has in the past 7 days had a fever greater than 100 degrees, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing or loss of taste or smell. If any of the conditions apply to you, you may not participate in the activity. You will also be asked to provide basic contact information to use in the event contact tracing is necessary with an infected individual. Your information will only be used for this purpose and will not be shared or used for any other reason.
- Participants will be required to use face coverings in the facility. Participants will be required to use face coverings while moving around outside on facility grounds and other class offsite locations. Face coverings can be removed while sitting in a chair or on a mat positioned at a 6 foot distance from others.
- We will have masks available for purchase for $1.00.
- We have closed the water fountains at the Center, you are encouraged to bring a personal bottle of water clearly marked with your name.
- No food or drink will be prepared or served at the Jacksonville Community Center at this time.
- A maximum of 34 people are allowed to gather in the Great Room at the Jacksonville Community Center
We look forward to welcoming you back to a safe and enjoyable experience!